How to subscribe to blogs - Using MyYahoo
Blogs are perhaps the best new way to read the genealogy columns you love. NO
MORE bounced emails automatically unsubscribing you from the list. CUT DOWN no
the pile of email in your inbox. Don't worry, it's easy if you follow my simple
1. Set up your "MyYahoo" account for free.
- Go to www.Yahoo.com and click on the "MyYahoo" icon as shown below:
- Follow the screen prompts to set up your account.
- From now on, go to http://my.yahoo.com to narrow it down to one step.
- Your "MyYahoo" page will have a generic layout which can be modified for color, layout and content.
2. Add DearMYRTLE's Feed
- Add content as desired, including stocks, calendars, top news items, weather and of course, DearMYRTLE's column. To do this click the "Add Content" button as shown below:
Click the "Add RSS Feed by URL" link shown below, circled in red:
- Right-click and select "paste" so that http://dearmyrtle.blogspot.com/atom.xml
appears in the text box as shown below.
- Click the "Finished" button to invoke
the changes, and view your "MyYahoo" page.
the feeds in MyYahoo
viewing the web from your home computer at the public library, simply go
to http://my.yahoo.com and log in if
genealogy columnists are sending out blogs (RSS feeds) you can add these to
your MyYahoo page as well. Here are the RSS Feed URLS to paste into the
"MyYahoo" page described above:
Happy family tree climbing!
6023 26th Street West PMB 352
Bradenton, FL 34207