NOTE: Ol' Myrt was tagged by fellow genealogist Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak, and challenged to come up with "5 things you don't want to know about me" and then tag others who aren't part of this round.
Five things you'll wish you didn't know about Ol' Myrt?
1. When I was a little girl of about 8, my grandmother invited me to go to the beach house while she and Grampa played pinochle. My response? "I DON'T WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ALL THOSE OLD PEOPLE." Now as a genealogist, all I do is hang out with the old people, and talk about the dead ones on our family tree.
2. When my father first took me to see his mother's gravesite in Seattle, we bowed ourhead quietly for a few moment, while seagulls flew overhead -- one promptly leaving tell-tale circles of white "you know what" on my grandmother's tombstone. Dad roared with laughter, saying his mom would have gotten a big kick out of that.
3. When I was little I was so accident prone, that during the learning stages of backyard rollerskating, my father strapped 2 pillows around my torso -- one in the front and one in the back, just to prevent serious injury.
4. Although I had no formal computer training, I was "Grandmothered" into teaching for the past 15 years at our local vo-tech. I often sang the reminders for how to complete a particular task -- so my students would remember more readily. Perhaps they learned quickly to avoid having to hear me sing again and again?!!!!
5. Speaking of teaching, my educational background was EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT... so naturally that seg-wayed into teaching adults how to use computers! (You just break each task into simple steps!!!)
OK -- I am dying to hear what others have to share, so I'll officially tag the following:
-- Geoff Rasmussen (LegacyNews) http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/
-- Holly Hansen (MyAncestorsFound - News You Can Use) http://blog.footnote.com/
-- Beau Sharbrough (FootNote Blog) http://blog.footnote.com
-- Illya D'Azzio (GenWeekly) www.genWeekly.com
-- Rene Zamora (Utah Valley PAF Users Group) http://rzamor1.livejournal.com/
Happy family tree climbing!
Snail Mail Address:
227 Bellevue Way NE PMB 544
Bellevue, WA 98004