FREE Family History Fair 5 May 2007
DearREADERS & LISTENERS,
This Saturday you'll have the unique opportunity to log in to a website (at no cost) to listen to and speak with the presenters as you view their graphic presentations relative to their assigned topics.
HOW? Download a small program that enables you to use the website and view the graphics the presenters send to the screen. Then turn on your speakers, log back into the website and use the code word mentioned below. If you have a microphone, you can ask questions at the end of each presentation.
Ol' Myrt here will be using her Logitec headset (earphones and mic) to do her presentation, which is titled "BLOGGING: Getting the word out." My goal is to provide practical, down-to-earth advice to family historians, with a focus on beginning and intermediate researcher challenges. Since BLOGS are a mainstream method for genealogists to communicate, I'll discuss:
BLOGGING: Getting the word out.
-- How does a blog work?
-- How to receive a blog
-- Quick-start blog set-up
-- Refining your blog’s template
-- More about FeedBlitz
You may attend any or all of the conference sessions. There is one 45-minute session per hour.
Moderated by Sandra Raymond Jarvis - Utah
- 8:00am Welcome
- 8:10am Writing a Personal History and Living to Tell About It Mike Booth
- 8:45am Vendor Presentation Generation Maps
- 9:00am The Least You Need to Know to Begin Genealogical Research LaRae Free Kerr
- 9:40am Break
- 9:45am Vendor Presentation Salt Lake Plaza Hotel
- 10:00am Using WIKI To Do Genealogy Dallan Quass
- 10:45am Vendor Presentation Biography, Biography
- 11:00am BLOGGING: Getting the word out. DearMYRTLE
- 11:45am Vendor Presentation *Footnote
- 12:00pm Break for lunch
- 1:00pm Welcome
- 1:05pm Ancestry.com for Beginners Robert Larson
- 1:45pm Vendor Presentation US GENWEB
- 2:00pm Cemeteries and Their Secrets Gena Philibert Ortega
- 2:45pm Vendor Presentation My Ancestors Found
- 3:00pm Basic PAF Amy Anderson
- 3:45pm Closing
If you plan to attend the FREE family history fair (co-sponsored by My Ancestors Found), on Saturday, May 5, you must download the content a day or two before the fair. If you have questions or problems with the download, contact us at email@example.com
- Open the ReGL viewer (if you have not yet installed the viewer, go to http://www.stillmangeorge.com/sgregl.exe and follow the instructions)
- Click on the "UPDATE REGL" button
- Click on the "UPDATE CONTENT" button
- Type into the field that comes up: fhlo.paf then click next
- Click on "Install" this will install the content
To attend the fair, the access code is: fhlo.fair
Now you are ready to attend another great online fair. For the agenda and more information, visit the Family History Live Online website: www.familyhistoryliveonline.com