I did not find any of your podcasts at iTunes. I searched on DearMYRTLE, nothing came up. What am I doing wrong?
THANK-YOU for expressing an interest in the DearMYRTLE's Family History Hour genealogy podcasts. I don't think you are doing anything incorrectly, this is just a new thing for you. Ol' Myrt here will give you a few alternatives for listening via computer anytime 24/7 -- of course at no cost to you. Believe me, once you get the hang of listening to podcasts, you'll be amazed at how much is out there to listen to and learn from.
LISTEN WITH YOUR COMPUTER (just turn on those speakers!) It isn't necessary to use an iPod or any other portable .mp3 player to listen to DearMYRTLE podcasts.
The first hits on a search for "DearMYRTLE podcasts" (without quote marks) include:
- DearMYRTLE’s Family History Hour 4 Sept 2007 genealogy podcast http://podcasts.dearmyrtle.com
- DearMYRTLE: Podcast how-to info.
- DearMYRTLE’s Family History Hour 21 Aug 2007 genealogy podcast http://podcasts.dearmyrtle.com/2007/08/21/dearmyrtles-family-history-hour-21-aug-2007-genealogy-podcast.aspx
There is no need to search, since the top & bottom of nearly 3,000 pages at DearMYRTLE.com, provide a link that reads: Listen to Podcast. If clicked, the hyperlink takes one directly to: http://podcasts.DearMYRTLE.com.
iTUNES SOFTWARE SEARCH
First, go to iTunes.com and download the free software. Then open up the software and
1. Go online.
2. Click on "Store" on the left side of the screen.
3. Type DearMYRTLE in the search box which is currently in the upper right portion of the screen.
4. Note that the podcast is free.
5. Click the "subscribe" button just below DearMYRTLE's Family History Hour.
6. Note the link to DearMYRTLE's Media is for my old-style podcasts.
7. Confirm your intention to subscribe when the iTunes software gives you the message that reads something like this:
"Are you sure you want to subscribe to DearMYRTLE's Family History Hour? You are about to subscribe to this podcast which will download the most recent episode and all future episodes."
ITunes will also give you a list of previously published DearMYRTLE podcasts. If the topics look tempting, then click the "get" button next to each desired podcast episode on the DearMYRTLE list. Then just give iTunes a chance to download the audio files.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
(c) 2007 Pat Richley All Rights Reserved.