The newest genealogy podcast, 11 March 2008 DearMYRTLE's FAMILY HISTORY HOUR genealogy podcast is available for listening via computer or transferred to any .mp3 player if you choose to download the file. An alternative would be to download the file automatically via iTunes, just search for "DearMYRTLE" and click to subscribe for free.You don’t need an iPod to listen, any .mp3 player or your computer (with the speakers turned on!) will do.
For a complete list of current DearMYRTLE podcasts visit: http://podcasts.dearmyrtle.com.
Please note the new "play button" for those who wish to listen to the podcast via the internet.
THIS WEEK'S GUEST
Elizabeth Powell Crowe, author of the brand-spanking new Genealogy Online 8th Edition. New York: McGraw Hill, 2008. Libbi has been writing for over 30 years. Her previous editions of Genealogy Online have sold a combined total of nearly 200,000 copies. Her work has appeared in Civil War Times, PC World, CNet, and Digital Genealogist. She has been a presenter at the Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research at Samford University and at GENTECH. Myrt is happy to welcome Libbi back to the podcast.
MIGHTY MOUSE TOUR
See DearMYRTLE’s The BEST of the Internet for Genealogists – 9 March 2008
1. BLOG: Jaisa’s “Here's Where I'm at With Analyzing My mtDNA Results
2. INSTRUCTION: Women's History page posted at the Library of Congress website.
3. DATABASE SITE: Sally Routledge’s “Victorian Place Name Abbreviations
4. SCANNED IMAGE SITE: A History of the County of Antigonish, Nova Scotia
5: PODCAST: Anna-Karin's Genealogical Podcast Series, posted at http://annakarin.libsyn.com
6. VIDEO: War Letters posted at RootsTelevision.com.
7. COMMENTARY: Born in Slavery: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1938 posted at the Library of Congress website.
8. INNOVATION: Picasa Web Albums by Google.com.
9. MOST INTERESTING THREAD: “FTM 2008 Crashes (a lot!)” posted at the RootsWeb Message Board for Family Tree Maker Software beginning 5 Jan 2008.
10. ETHNIC STUDIES: Lithuania Global Genealogical Society posted at www.lithuaniangenealogy.org
LINKS WE MENTION
DearMYRTLE's BLOG ENTRIES SINCE THE LAST PODCAST
- Ancestry's "Bad Baby Names" book
- Godfrey: showing up on WVR
- Printing & citing blog entries
- 2008 Logan Family History EXPO (Myrt has 2 presentations)
- The BEST of the Internet for Genealogists – 9 March 2008
- BYU Workshop on Family History Technology - NEXT WEEK (Myrt has 5 presentations)
- Challenge: 4 March 2008 podcast episode (it is now working!)
- Hispanic newspapers at GenealogyBank.com
© 2008 Pat Richley All Rights Reserved.