There is a buzz among NGS conference attendees about what's going on out west with MyAncestorsFound.com (MAF) in the form of their family history expos and a new item called the Family History Phonebook.
In fact, I've met more than a dozen who favorably compare the attendance at last February's St. George MAF event with the perceived attendance here.
MAF Family History Expo - Mesa
- WHERE: Mesa Convention Center 263 N. Center Street, Mesa, Arizona
- WHEN: 8 am to 6 pm ~ November 14th-15th, 2008
- WHAT: Cyberexchange 101: Learn the tech to trace your roots
Family History Phone Book
A new (free) product with tens of thousands of entries -- My Ancestors Found's Family History Phonebook expected to debut in November 2008 is sure to be a hit among researchers. This downloadable mega-book (I believe in .pdf format) will include free listings of societies, archives, libraries and government record repositories throughout the world. Some entrants may elect to pay for a larger entry, advertising and multiple keyword searches. DearMYRTLE's keywords will include at least include the word podcast.
Salt Lake FHL Help
As long as ol' Myrt here is writing about what MyAncestorsFound.com is doing to help you with research, let me mention the dates of the next Family History Library Research Retreat with Professional Assistance. I've finally clocked enough hours at the FHL to participate as an advisor.
- WHERE: Salt Lake City, Utah Plaza Hotel with daily research in the adjacent Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- WHEN: October 27th through November 1st, 2008
- WHAT: Individualized, professional classes, guided tours and research time
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
© 2008 Pat Richley All Rights Reserved.