DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Blog will continue to with nearly daily post in reply to reader queries, weekly or bo-monthly DearMYRTLE's Best of the Internet for Genealogists Awards, periodic "From the Bookshelf" announcements, and press releases from other entities in the world of genealogy.
Subscribe for free using any RSS reader. Links to several are included at the blog site. Myrt's website will continue to archive pre-2007 columns. Recent blog entries include:
- Everton’s Genealogical Helper adds online edition
- SteveMorse.org offers new search features
- Forensic Genealogy Lessons for every one
- UK: FindMyPast live web chat
- Corrected Legacy 7 video link
- FamilySearch: 24 Million baptisms & marriages from the UK
- READER'S FEEDBACK: Federal funding of PAHR
- Legacy Family Tree 7.0
DearMYRTLE's Family History Hour genealogy podcasts will continue to be posted 2-4 times monthly depending on Ol' Myrt's travel plans. The podcast continues to feature interviews from leading genealogy and family history experts, a MightyMouse tour of great websites, spotlights publications in "From the Bookshelf" and "Software Saturday" posts. Occasionally Myrt will also record one of her favorite blog entries, making this resource especially useful for blind genealogists. Subscribe to this free podcast by downloading the free iTunes software, then searching the store for "DearMYRTLE" to pull in the media RSS feed. Thereafter the podcasts will automatically download whenever you open the iTunes software on your computer. You don't need an iPod to listen, just turn up those computer speakers and click on the episode you wish to hear.
Myrt's Teach Genealogy Blog will feature reports of DearMYRTLE's Salt Lake Study Group activities, in addition to information gleaned at various UGG Union of Genealogy Groups in Second Life (SL) voice chats. Subscribe for free using any RSS reader. Links to several are included at the blog site. For those new to this blog, here are some of the recent postings:JUNE 2008 Teach Genealogy Blog postings:
- Joining DearMYRTLE's Salt Lake Study Group
- Get a SECOND LIFE, genealogists
- Productive research leads to new ancestral questions.
- 2008 June JUST GENEALOGY voice chats in SL (Second Life)
- 2008 June FHCentre voice chats in SL (Second Life)
May 2008 Teach Genealogy blog postings:
- Great sites with lesson material
- Follow-up Class #3
- Report: RS Enrichment Group
- Helpful links for Family History Consultants
- 2008 May & June UK-IRE Just Genealogy voice chats (Second Life)
- 2008 May FHCentre Voice Chats in SL (Second Life)
April 2008 Teach Genealogy blog postings:Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
© 2008 Pat Richley All Rights Reserved.