A GREAT big THANKS to Schelly Talalay Dardashti of Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog for her reports of the 28th International Conference on Jewish Genealogy, held in Chicago. I’ve previously reported the joint press release from Ancestry & Jewish Gen. Here are links to Schelley’s take on things:
- Chicago 2008: Logo Controversy Seems most of us don’t like change, eh?
- Chicago 2008: a new chapter, Part 1 Background on the JewishGen-Ancestry agreement.
- Chicago 2008: A new chapter, Part 2 Continuation of part 1.
- Chicago 2008: Jewish Gen-Ancestry press release
- Chicago 2008: IAJGS awards, elections
- Chicago 2008: Logan Kleinwaks where Schelly writes “Logan Kleinwaks, one of Jewish genealogy's young stars (I don't think he's 30 yet!), and I sat and talked about his newly updated Genealogy Indexer site. Logan specializes in OCR technology - optical character recognition - and its application to many kinds of documents.”
- Chicago 2008: Cook County records online
I agree with genea-blogger Randy Seaver who wrote over the weekend that he loves reading blogs that further the study of family history. Schelley’s report of the IAJGS annual conference certainly fit Randy’s criteria for a great blog. Bravo! Schelly! It’s challenging enough to attend an out of town conference, let alone take the time to spread the word while traveling.
For those interested in NEXT year's IAJGS Conference on Jewish Genealogy, it will be held in Philadelphia 2-7 August 2009. Find out more at: http://www.jewishgen.org/jgsp
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
DearMYRTLE's Facebook® Group Message Board
© 2008 Pat Richley All Rights Reserved.
This and previous blog entries are fully searchable by going to http://blog.DearMYRTLE.com. Myrt welcomes queries and research challenges, but regrets she is unable to answer each personally.