Thirteen collections were added or updated on the FamilySearch Record Search pilot-over 3.5 million new records. International researchers will be excited to know that collections were added for Brazil, Czech Republic, and Italy.
In the United States, collections were added for Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
These collections can be searched for free at the www.FamilySearch.org Records Search pilot (click Search Records, and then click Record Search pilot).
Special thanks to the FamilySearch volunteers who helped create the 2 million indexed names published this week!
Collection Name Indexed Records Digital Images Comments
- Brazil Pernambuco Civil Registration 1889-2003 470,743 New - Partial collection (26%), images only
- Czech Republic, Northern Bohemia, Litom??ice Archive Church Books 1552-1905 54,068 Updated - Additional images and localities added.
- Czech Republic, Southern Bohemia, Trebon Archive Church Books, 1650-1900 14,646 Updated- Additional images and localities added.
- Florida Deaths 1877-1939 471,800 0 NewIndiana Marriages, 1811-1959 153,361 0 New - Partial collection (18%).
- Italy, Palermo Province, Monreale Diocese, Catholic Church Records, 1530-1919 24,705 New
- Massachusetts State Census, 1855 13,071 Updated - Additional images and localities added.
- Massachusetts State Census, 1865 2,222 Updated - Additional images and localities added.
- New York State Census, 1865 35,851 New
- North Carolina Deaths 1906-1930 615,568 612,154 New - Index linked to images.
- North Carolina, Davidson County Vital Records, 1867-1984 79,128 New - Marriage and death records only.
- South Carolina Deaths 1915-1943 636,445 635,098 New-Index linked to images
- South Carolina Deaths 1944-1955 231,138 0 New
FamilySearch International is the largest genealogy organization in the world. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about their family history. To help in this great pursuit, FamilySearch has been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide for over 100 years. FamilySearch is a nonprofit organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Patrons may access FamilySearch services and resources free online at FamilySearch.org or through over 4,500 family history centers in 70 countries, including the main Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.