NOTE from DearMYRTLE: The following was received from our friends at the APG Association of Professional Genealogists. Please address all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Recommendations for Nominations for APG Board Positions and Nominating Committee that take effect 1 January 2010.
Deadline for Recommendations: Postmarked or e-mailed by 1 August 2009.
Executive Committee for Two Year Terms for 2010-2011
- Vice President
- Region 1 (Western Canada; Western U.S.; Mexico): Two vacancies
- Region 2 (Middle Canada; Middle U.S.): Two vacancies
- Region 3 (Southeastern U.S., Caribbean; Central America): Two vacancies
- Region 4 (Eastern Canada; Northeastern U.S.) Two vacancies
- International Region 5B: One vacancy (Europe)
- International Region 5C: One vacancy (South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand)
APG members are encouraged to recommend candidates for any region or position. Nominees shall be APG members in good standing who joined APG prior to August 1, 2008.
Go to http://www.apgen.org/membership/regions.html for a map of regional boundaries.
For each recommendation, include the nominee’s name, regular mailing address, telephone, e-mail address, and a brief (50-100 words) statement of that person’s qualifications for office. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, you must include a statement showing that person has agreed to be considered by the nominations committee.
Duties of the member of the Board of Directors as abstracted from the APG Procedure Manual, Section 8:
- Be familiar with bylaws, policies and procedures
- Read all minutes and communications, and come prepared to board meetings (held twice annually at the NGS and FGS Conferences)
- Respond in a timely fashion to e-mail votes
- Serve in at least one capacity besides that of Board member
- Make an effort to attend one of the two major annual conferences
- When in attendance at a conference, volunteer at the APG booth and host a table at the APG luncheon
- Maintain contact and communicate with the membership in some of the following ways: talking to other members, seeking out opinions, concerns, ideas; contributing to the APGQ; participating in APG List discussions; joining the local chapter where one exists
- Consider making a contribution to the APGQ, either an article or news item, at least once during their term of office.
Send recommendations to:
APG Executive Director
PO Box 350998
Westminster, CO 80035-0998