1 July 2009
Twelve new collections were added to the FamilySearch Record Search pilot this week. International collections were added for Argentina, Australia, Mexico, Netherlands, and Spain. New United States collections were added for Delaware, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and Utah. Happy searching!
These collections can be searched for free at the www.FamilySearch.org Record Search pilot (click Search Records, and then click Record Search pilot).
Special thanks to the growing number of online volunteers who help make these collections freely available by donating their time and talents to the FamilySearch Indexing program.
Collection Name Indexed Records Digital Images Comments
- Argentina, Resistencia Diocese, Catholic Parish Records, 1882–1921 9,814 New
- Australia, New South Wales, alphabetical index to newspaper cuttings 1841–1987 50,488 47,519 New
- Mexico, Coahuila, Catholic Church Records, 1627–1978 301,339 New
- Mexico, Colima, Catholic Church Records, 1707–1969 172,930 New
- Mexico, Campeche, Catholic Church Records, 1638–1944 167,931 New
- Netherlands, Limburg Parish Register Transcripts, 1600–1822 50,449 New, Additional images will be added later this year.
- Spain, Gerona Diocese, Catholic Church Records, 1339–1930 861,185 New. Additional images will be added later this year.
- U.S., Delaware State Birth Records, 1861–1908 45,983 23,624 New. Additional records will be added later this year.
- U.S., Massachusetts, Death Records, 1841–1915 597,610 601,355 New. Additional records will be added later this year.
- U.S., New Mexico Deaths, 1889–1945 167,925 New.
- U.S., Rhode Island State Census, 1915 540,589 New. Images will be added later.
- U.S., Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah 18,924 19,808 New.
FamilySearch International is the largest genealogy organization in the world. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about their family history. To help in this great pursuit, FamilySearch has been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide for over 100 years. FamilySearch is a nonprofit organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Patrons may access FamilySearch services and resources free online at FamilySearch.org or through over 4,600 family history centers in 132 countries, including the main Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.