With so many responses to this week's blog entry about Victorian England and women's fashions, I thought I'd compile a little list of England research suggestions in no particular order.
- The British Library
- British-Genealogy Good resource pages.
- Looking for a person posted at The National Archives (UK) website.
Includes links to specific record group descriptions, with indications of online availability.
- England posted at the FamilySearch Wiki. With links to specific counties in England, and an England Record Selection Table.
- GenUKI Genealogy of the UK & Ireland.
- FindMyPast.com Online document source. Subscribe or PayAsYouGo. See also their video tutorials.
- Ancestry.com has a sizable UK collection. Search the catalog for keyword England. Membership required to view most items.
- Parloc. UK Parish locating freeware with over 15,000 listings.
- Old Maps of the UK
- Old Maps & Street Plans (Thanks to Audrey Collins of The National Archives of the UK for telling Ol' Myrt about this!)
Got any more suggestions? Anyone?
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.