NOTE from DearMYRTLE: This was jsut received from our friends at the National Genealogical Society. Please address all inquiries to email@example.com.
NGS is proud to announce the presentation to our members of the newest in the NGS Online Interview Series:
Elizabeth Shown Mills, cg, cgl, fasg, fngs, fuga.
Arguably the most influential genealogist of our time, Elizabeth Shown Mills was for many years, with her late husband, Gary B. Mills, Ph.D., the editor of the National Genealogical Society Quarterly. She edited Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers, and Librarians and authored Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace as well as many other works valued by genealogists.
The video provides an opportunity to meet Elizabeth “up close and personal” as she shares her thoughts on our work and her own personal experiences as a researcher in these five short features:
· Genealogy Is History, Up Close and Personal
· The Importance of NGS
· Family Traditions: My Choctaw Princess
· We Are All Cousins
· The Search
Now showing for Members Only:
· Elizabeth Shown Mills, cg, cgl, fasg, fngs, fuga
· David E Rencher, ag, cg, figrs, fuga
· Willis H. White, cg
· Thomas Adams, 2009 Rubincam Youth Award Winner
· Helen F. M. Leary, cg (emeritus), fasg, fngs
· Paths to Your Past
Log in and go to NGS Videos http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/ngs_videos
· Thomas H. Jones, cg, cgl, fasg, fngs, fuga
· Leslie Anderson, msls, Alexandria Library
· National Archives and Records Administration
· Laura DeGrazia, cgThe NGS Online Interview Series was produced by the award winning team Kate Geis and Allen Moore.