Last night's Second Life Just Genealogy meeting focused on the GPS Genealogical Proof Standard including these key elements.
- Reasonably exhaustive search
- Complete and accurate citation of sources
- Analysis and correlation of the collected information
- Resolution of conflicting evidence
- Soundly reasoned, coherently written conclusion
The necessity of a note-keeping program assumes we're not ready to place the information into our genealogy management program. (Ol' Myrt here doesn't like to enter names and info until they until a family relationship has been established.)
Two note-keeping options emerged as popular among attendees:
Evernote is Ol' Myrt's program of choice for keeping track of research in progress.
The beauty of this "cloud computing" software is that I can connect to my info from any computer with internet access.
WHAT ARE MY DearREADERS "note-keeping" programs of choice?
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.