NOTE from DearMYRTLE: The following was received from our friends at FamilySearch. Please address all inquiries to FamilySearchSupport@familysearch.org.
Dear Family History Consultants,
We invite you and any of your friends, neighbors, ward members, or interested genealogy enthusiasts to attend and to help publicize the Riverton FamilySearch Library’s third monthly Saturday Seminar, which will take place on Saturday, October 16, 2010, from 9:00 a.m. to noon. There will be three hours of instruction by family history experts covering a wide range of technical and research subjects.
Following the keynote presentation by FamilySearch product manager Ron Tanner, there will be two blocks of four classes each that will cover research methods as well as technology currently being used within the field of family history.
Classes to be held during the first hour are:
· New FamilySearch Editing and Temple Submission—Cathy Anderegg
· Census Techniques and Strategies for Finding Elusive Ancestors—Jason Harrison
· Using Google for Research—Sue Maxwell
· Finding Your Scottish Ancestors—Raymon Naisbitt
The classes available for the second hour will be:
· New FamilySearch Resources for Consultants and Priesthood Leaders—Cathy Anderegg
· Using Ancestry.com for Military and Land Records—Robert Turley
· Exporting Data from New FamilySearch for Other Uses—Paul Hyer
· Southern States Research—DeAnne Shelley
Admission is free. The Saturday Seminars will be held on the third Saturday of each month. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.