Free Seminar on a Watershed Movement in Discovering
Where to Find Your Ancestors
The Riverton FamilySearch Library Hosts Event on March 19
RIVERTON, UTAH—The rapid digitization of records online is a crucial event in genealogy today, but records are appearing so fast on so many websites that most genealogists have no way to know where to find the best record. At this month’s Saturday Seminar, hosted by the Riverton FamilySearch Library, keynote speaker Michael Ritchey will address the topic “The Power of We: A Watershed Movement in Discovering Where to Find Your Ancestors.” He will discuss the efforts of the genealogical community to harness their collective knowledge to show the records currently available worldwide.
This month’s seminar will be held on Saturday, March 19, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Following the keynote presentation, there will be two blocks of classes that will cover topics of interest to both beginning and advanced family historians.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
- “The Joy of Family History: How to Inspire Members and Leaders”—Tara Burgeson
- “Care and Repair of Photographs”—Janet Hovorka
- “ Cut 10 Years off Your Learning Curve”—Barry Ewell
- “Advanced New FamilySearch Techniques, Part 1”—Cathy Anderegg
- “Utah Research Advice: Creating a One-Stop Shop Together”—Michael Ritchey
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
- “African American Research”—Joan Healey
- “Using RootsMagic with New FamilySearch, LDS Features”—Sue Maxwell
- “Are You My Mother? Finding the Maiden Names in Your Tree”—Bret Peterson
- “Advanced New FamilySearch Techniques, Part 2”—Cathy Anderegg
Registration is not required for this free seminar. Also, the library will be open until 5:00 p.m. that day for patrons desiring to do individual family history research. For more information, please visit www.familysearch.org/fhc/riverton.
The Saturday Seminars will be held on the third Saturday of each month. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.