This series of posts is an abbreviated overview of where we've been and where Ol' Myrt thinks we're going and is by no means exhaustive when it comes to describing our evolution as 21st century genealogists. In my opinion, genealogists are growing into a responsible group of dedicated researchers because we are:
- improving how we record data
- indicating specifically where we got our information about a family
- utilizing scanned images rather than transcriptions of old documents to make our kinship determinations
- keeping up with technology to more readily share not just the data but the scanned images of source documents, maps, photos, etc. used to compile our family histories
- attending high-level-thinking classes to hone our skills (such as institutes, BU, ProGen Study Groups)
Your friend in genealogy.