Ol' Myrt here is getting ready for tonight's broadcast of GeneaBloggers Radio hosted by Thomas MacEntee. I'll be appearing to provide tips and handy information on how to keep your genealogy data and materials organized. Thomas will also visit with Amy Coffin, of the We Tree genealogy blog will discuss setting genealogy goals and resolutions for 2012. Later in the show, Thomas will welcome Jan Meisels Allen, Vice President of the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) and a member of the Records Preservation and Access Committee (RPAC) with important information on how you can get involved with the preservation and access of vital records, especially the Social Security Death Index.
HOW TO TUNE IN
The radio show broadcasts over the internet live at 8pm Central US Time TODAY, 6 Jan 2012.
- If you need to adjust for your time zone, use the time zone converter.
FIRST TIME LISTENERS
While you can listen by going to the URL above, you'll also want to participate in the chat room, which appears ONLY during the live broadcast. To do this you must "sign in". Don't worry, it's a free account, so there are no credit cards involved. So why not set up your free account right now, so you won't miss a minute of the show tonight? Here's how:
1. Go now to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/2012/01/07/genealogy-new-years-resolutions-for-2012
2. Click Sign-in, located in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Create your free BlogTalk Radio account.
4. When you return to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/2012/01/07/genealogy-new-years-resolutions-for-2012 you are given the option to share (Facebook & Twitter) and to set up an email reminder for upcoming GeneaBloggers shows.
LISTING TO PREVIOUS SHOWS
One of the options provided by BlogTalk radio service is "on demand" review of previously broadcast recorded shows. When I went to BlogTalkRadio.com and searched for "geneabloggers" I found that:
Tab A = On air
Tab B = Upcoming
Tab C = On Demand
Ol' Myrt here hopes to have many of her DearLISTENERS tune in tonight during the LIVE show. Talk (type) things up in the chat room. You'll notice that Thomas and I love to weave comments from the chat room into our conversation. If you'd like to call in during the show with your questions, the number is (213) 286-6709. So turn on those computer speakers, and join us tonight at 8pm Central US at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/2012/01/07/genealogy-new-years-resolutions-for-2012.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.