OK, are ya willing to play and learn something together on the way? Well, Ol' Myrt here has figured out how to meet the clamoring for more Evidentia Hangouts On Air through a series of "docu-challenges".
WHAT'S A DOCU-CHALLENGE?
Accept the challenge to transcribe and analyze a historical document and share it with others via comments to this blog post and during a Google+ Hangout On Air.
SO WHICH DOCUMENT, MYRT?
- Go to FamilySearch.org's Cornwall, England Parish Registers, 1538-2010. Drill down to Devonshire County, parish of Warrington Marriages 1813-1836.
- View the entry for William Warren and Sarah Bickle on pre-printed page 36, listed as FamilySearch's image 23.
- Use Evidentia software to analyze every assertion (claim) found in this source document. You will be citing the source, cataloging claims, weighing the evidence, resolving conflicting evidence, and making summary conclusions based on your analysis of each tidbit of information.
- Create a summary report about this marriage event. Copy/paste to your blog as a new post and report the link in comments to this blog. Those without personal blogs may also post their summary report in comments to this blog.
- Create a summary report about William Warren and be prepared to share it.
- Create a summary report about Sarah Bickle and be prepared to share it.
BONUS QUESTIONS - SERIES A - for the over-achievers (read that intermediate to advanced researchers.) For the rest of us, failing to take these steps with each document we encounter in our personal research may cause us to build our own brick walls.
- Re: the bride Sarah Bickle: What can we infer about Sarah solely using information provided in this document?
- Re: the groom William Warren: What other questions about William are raised by this document?
- What other record groups might we search for additional information about this members of this family unit?
- How can we determine we're making a "reasonably exhaustive search"?
BONUS QUESTIONS - SERIES B - Concerning Evidentia
- RE: Evidentia: Describe the process challenges of using the software. Were there any roadblocks or concerns? If so, how did you resolve them?
- Be ready to share your Evidentia screens with others during the Google+ Hangout On Air by letting Myrt know via your comments to this blog. A maximum of ten panelists is available for this type of recorded event.
RELATED GOOGLE+ HANGOUT ON AIR
You've got four days to complete this assignment. We will discuss the results of our work during the DearMYRTLE Uncut Google+ Hangout on Air, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 beginning at 9pm Eastern US. Here's Ol' Myrt's blog post about how to participate in such events. Basically:
- Maximum of ten panelists will be receive personal invitations to the Hangout On Air at 8:45pm. Once they have entered the Hangout On Air and tested their mics, then:
- I'll post the link to the Hangout on Air to fill up any empty seats bringing the number to ten.
- If you click to JOIN and receive the notice the "Hangout is full", then you may VIEW the Hangout On Air as it begins to stream live at 9pm Eastern.
- NOTE: (There is no ability to hold a pre-Hangout On Air "warm-up" as I had sponsored over on the GoToWebinar platform, because of the peculiarity of the automatic recording option.)
- During the live event, post comments back on the DearMYRTLE Genealogy Community that the panelist will review constantly.
- DearMYRTLE Hangouts On Air are recorded and auto-archived at DearMYRTLE's YouTube Channel.
- (newsaper photo on social page)
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont