After months of sneak peeks, Legacy Family Tree Version 8 is now available. Ol' Myrt made sure that the official press release has been published by Geoff Rasmussen before venturing to tell my DearREADERS the good news.
Legacy 8.0 is now available at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com, for US $29.95 for the download-only version or US $39.95 version which includes the 336-page printed user’s guide, installation CD, and beginner’s training video. Discounted upgrade pricing is also available for users of previous editions of Legacy Deluxe. The free, Standard edition can also be downloaded from www.LegacyFamilyTree.com.
Ol' Myrt here just viewed Geoff's What's New Video and the Legacy For Beginners video, new for Version 8. The last one is all about setting up your database. I am familiar with Legacy Family Tree and found it quite helpful with basic info. I also recommend the following FAQs:
- Is Legacy Family Tree 8.0 a free upgrade? If not can I buy it at a discount?
- Legacy Family Tree 8.0 is now available
- I just bought Legacy Deluxe but didn't get a deluxe customer number
- How to upgrade to Legacy Family Tree 8.0
- Legacy 8 System Requirements
Learning How to Use Legacy - http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Learn2UseLegacy.asp
This includes step-by-step instructions, tutorial lessons and examples, training CDs and free online video demonstrations, tips and tricks, and links to additional help.
Legacy User Group Mailing List - http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/LegacyLists.asp administered by Millennia Corporation.
Legacy User Groups - http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/UsersGroups.asp is a list of independent local groups that meet to share their favorite uses of Legacy Family Tree.
Legacy Family Tree Support - http://support.legacyfamilytree.com
New and updated Legacy 8 features include:
- Origins Report - See where you came from and the percentage of "blood" you have from your countries of origin with the new Origins Report.
- Migration Report - See how far and wide a person's descendants spread out in the world with the new Migration Report.
- Migration Mapping - Legacy animates the ancestor's movement through time. Watch how they migrated from place to place. View their migration in street, aerial, or 3D modes. Hover over the balloon to see what happened in each location.
- Instant Duplicate Checking - As you are adding new individuals to your tree, Legacy instantly checks to see if perhaps they are already in your family file, helping you avoid inadvertently adding duplicates.
- Potential Problem Alerts and Gaps - Typos and accidental misinterpretation of data are now a thing of the past. The warning symbol is displayed immediately next to info that contains a potential problem. Unusual gaps of time are detected that you may have not previously noticed (like too many years between the births of the children).
- Shared Events - Save time and avoid errors by sharing an event amongst all the individuals who participated in the event. You can specify each person's role in the event.
- Family Bow Tie Chart - Displays the ancestors of both the husband and wife, as well as their children.
- Descendant Chart - Now available in left-to-right formatting.
- Source Quality - Now record the quality (original vs derivative, primary vs secondary, etc., direct vs indirect) of each source as you attempt to prove your conclusions.
- Source Labels - Now print Source Labels to attach to the top of your documents. You will never again lose the citation when making a photocopy for someone else.
- Source Clipboard - The Source Clipboard has been expanded to load up to five different citations that can be assigned at the click of a button.
- Pedigree Citations - Add source citations to your Pedigree Charts, and attach the complete bibliography.
- FamilySearch Integration - Share, discuss, download and interact with FamilySearch's Family Tree (optional).
- Wall Charts - Duplicate lines can now be suppressed, saving room for more photographs and captions.
- Chronology View - Now view the parent's, grandparent's, children's, and grandchildren's vital events in your ancestor's timeline.
- User Interface - Enjoy Legacy's modernized look-and-feel, new color schemes, and new ribbon menu bar. Add two additional custom buttons on the new My Toolbar.
- Tagging - View up to 9 tags at once. Advanced Tagging now shows the counts of each tag.
- Automatic Sorting - Children, marriages, and events are now automatically chronologically sorted as they are added. New global sorting tools are also now available.
- Statistics - Understand your family in new ways with dozens of new statistics: births by era, longest living individuals, average lifespan, longest marriages, families with the most children, most popular given names, most popular surnames, most popular locations and more.
- Media Relinker - It is easier than ever to locate missing or unlinked pictures. Moving from one computer to another is simpler to do.
- Media Gatherer - Got pictures all over your computer? The new Media Gatherer will help you copy or move your genealogy pictures to one common folder, making it easier to share your family file with another computer or family member.
- Web Links - Found evidence of your ancestor online? Easily add a web link to their media gallery to organize a list of their online presence.
- Color Coding - You can now color code from two starting points (one for you and one for your spouse, for example) and track the eight great-grandparents' lines.
ORDERING LEGACY FAMILY TREE 8
Legacy Family Tree 8 - What's new, Purchase options
Legacy 8 Upgrade Options - for owners of previous versions.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont