Does the name "RootsTech" sound a bit rich for your newbie genealogy blood? Think again! RootsTech 2014 features an entire track of "Getting Started" classes just for you. View Getting Started schedule here. All Getting Started classes have an ID number that starts with GS. Ol' Myrt here thinks you'll definitely like:
- Top 10 Things I learned About My Family From My Couch: Beginning Internet Genealogy with Tammy Hepps
- Oran History Basics with Brandi Burns
- Basic Online Resources for the Beginning Genealogist with Lisa Alzo
- Scanning Tips and Tricks with Robert Raymond
- Got Photos? Digitizing and Creating Keepsakes Using Family Photos with Diane Miller
Speaking of the Expo Hall
Plan to spend time each day exploring vendor displays offering info about the latest genealogy software, websites, and books. You can even pick up a tee shirt and attend vendor spotlight classes. It's a noisy jumble, but ohhh so fun!
Isn't it time you came to your first genealogy conference?
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont