Cousin +Russ Worthington , +Barry Kline , +Jenny Lanctot and Ol' Myrt here look forward to teaching two computer lab classes at #RootsTech 2014 this week:
- Google Hangouts 101a: The Panelists' View (Thursday 2:30) LAB1491T, Room 251BC
- Google Hangouts 101a: The Panelists' View (Friday 1:00) Computer LAB1491F, Room 251BC
Google Hangouts On Air have changed dramatically since handouts for the labs were submitted, as required, by 1 Nov 2013. As such, the following handouts are provided here for our student's convenience:
UPDATED 5 February 2014
1. Open a web browser.
2. Log in to your Google+ account.
3. Go to EVENTS and find:
- “Hangouts on Air – The Panelists’ View (Thursday session) http://tinyurl.com/kowvff3
- Or “Hangouts on Air – The Panelists’ View (Friday session) http://tinyurl.com/mftdm52
Significant HOA changes have taken place:
- A Hangout on Air can be scheduled in advance with a unique URL.
- Private Hangouts on Air are scheduled on the host's YouTube Channel.
- Comments can be posted either publicly, on the YouTube Channel, or in a Google+ Community.
6 ways of participating in a Google+ Hangout on Air.
1. HOST - the person setting up the Hangout on Air.
2. CO-HOST – optional, but highly recommended.
3. JOINers or Panelists – limited to ten in the “filmstrip” area of the HOA, each with headsets and webcams.
4. VIEWers – literally thousand can view via a public “Event” on Google+.
5. VIEWers - literally thousands can view live via the host’s YouTube Channel.
6. WATCH LATER – the auto-recorded HOAs archived in the host’s YouTube Channel.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont