+Cousin Russ said it best this morning as we announced the winners of the 3rd Annual SHARE A MEMORY Contest: "We're all winners!" The ancestors win, because we are telling their stories. The participants win, because they now have something tangible to share with the non-genealogists in their families. And the rest of us win because we now have creative examples to follow when figuring out how to share what we're learned.
We know this much - our ancestors are more than a name and a few dates.
So CONGRATS to our 2014 participants! Your entries have been spotlighted here:
- 1st PLACE WINNER Hilary Gadsby's SHARE A Memory: Hilary's video
- 2nd PLACE WINNER Linda Stufflebean's SHARE A MEMORY: The "almost lost" tale of Nammie's Rocking Chair
- 3rd PLACE WINNER Lisa Gorrell's SHARE A MEMORY: Mam-ma was a Tomboy
- HONORABLE MENTION Jeff VoVillia's SHARE A MEMORY: VoVillia's immigrant ancestor
- Krystal Mills' SHARE A MEMORY: Myrtle is honored on her 90th
- Jackie (not Janice) Baker's SHARE A MEMORY: Jackie's handyman father
- Janice Sellers' SHARE A MEMORY: Janice's Civil War Ancestor Cornelius Gottschalk Sellers
- Mary Foxworthy's SHARE A MEMORY: Mary's Polish Immigrant Great-Grandparents
- Rachel Evans and "Nancy" who submitted just under the wire. Their projects were spotlighted in SHARE A MEMORY: Last Two Entries
- Sherry Wilmes' SHARE A MEMORY: Her father's voice
City, State Zip
Country Code (that's for you, Hilary!)
Your "public" email address
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont