Just made the hotel reservation for St. Charles, Missouri in prep for attending the National Genealogical Society's annual Family History Conference 13-16 May 2015. Now I'm planning my NGS classes and AmbushCAM schedule each day. Whilst exploring the site, I noticed NGS is offering live streaming, though for a fee.
|Find out more: www.NGSGenealogy.org|
- Track One: The Immigration and Naturalization Process ($65 member, $80 non-member)
- Track two: Methodology Techniques ($65 member, $80 non-member)
- Bundled Package: Track One and Track Two ($115 member, $145 non-member)
It took a little work, but I figured out how to determine what's live streamed.
- Go to the online version of the conference program: http://conference.ngsgenealogy.org/agenda/
- Select ALL for your filter, not 25, the default.
- As the program directions indicate, (LS) next to a session title indicates the session is being live streamed.
Tuesday Live Streams, Thursday, 14 May 2015, Central US (Chicago) Time Zone. If you need a time zone converter, Ol' Myrt here recommends: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html. Judging by the titles, this is possibly Track One: The immigration and naturalization Process ($65 member, $80 non-member).
- T205 The Journey to America: Federal Passenger-Ship Records (LS) 8am Jeanne Larzalere, CG
- T215 Becoming an American: Naturalization Records (LS) 9:30am, Julie Miller, CG
- T225 Discovering the REAL Stories of Your Immigrant Ancestors (LS) 11am John Phillip Coletta, PhD, FUGA
- T245 Bads, Bergs, Burgs, and Bachs: Finding Locations in Germany (LS) 2:30pm Warren Bittner, CG
- T255 A Methodology for Irish Emigration to North America (LS) 4pm David E Rencher, AG, CG, FIRGS, FUGA
Judging by the titles, this is possibly Track two: Methodology Techniques ($65 member, $80 non-member).
- F302 The Time of Cholera: A Case Study about Historical Context (LS) 8am, Alison Hare, CG
- F311 The Problem-Solver's Great Trifecta: GPS+FAN+DNA (LS) 9:30am, Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
- F321 When Does Newfound Evidence Overturn a Proved Conclusion? (LS) 11am, Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
- F342 Forensic Genealogy Meets the Genealogical Proof Standard (LS) 2:30pm, Michael S. Ramage, JD, CG
- F352 Using DNA as a Genealogical Record (LS) 4pm, Angie Bush
Gosh, this is a great line up. Maybe Mr. Myrt and I should just stay home and watch the live stream? Nope, I'll see if I can catch these later and I'll be sure not to attend these in person.
And I do have blogger beads to distribute.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont