OK, so Oprah has her "favorite things" so why can't Ol' Myrt? Seriously, I wouldn't dream of comparing myself to Oprah, but when a person gets asked a gazillion times about things, she ought to provide a better answer than "look it up on Amazon." So with the assistance of my "remote offices at Amazon" Ol' Myrt's answers these questions:
- What headset do you recommend for hangouts?
- What webcam are you using?
- What's the configuration of your new computer?
- Do you think this laptop will work in Second Life?
- What books do you recommend for beginners?
- What books would you consider essential for a serious genealogy researcher?
- What about methodology?
- Quilting, you say? (Of course!)
- Where do you find DearMYRTLE's Favorite Things? (Right on the menu bar at www.DearMYRTLE.com, shown below.)
HERE's a preview screen shot. Be sure to click on "Books - Methodology" to expand the categories of other books I've hand picked for this list. Ol' Myrt requests advice from her DearREADERS about other favorites to consider.
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for exact dates of DearMYRTLE study groups and Hangouts on Air, in addition to over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters in the next 12 months.
Full Disclosure: Ol' Myrt will receive a % of every sale originating in "DearMYRTLE's Favorite Things." All transactions will be fulfilled by Amazon.com. Unit pricing and shipping fees are subject to change by Amazon.com. DearMYRTLE is merely organizing and recommending her favorites in this list.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont