After a brief hiatus, we return with another suggestion for sharing family memories. Facebook is arguably the largest social media space, so why not create a Facebook Group for your family to share memories about family members?
Remember you are going to set up a GROUP not a PAGE, to more readily encourage posts from your group members.
TYPES OF Facebook groups:
- Ol' Myrt here has her genealogy group on Facebook for my DearREADERS. It is public, but any posts must be approved by admins, to keep the spammers out.
- We have a private Orcas Island Family Group - where we post all important communication before during and after a family retreat. This has proved more reliable than text messages and email. We know which ferry to meet on, and where to gather for dinner.
- We planned a week of family meals when on retreat to my sister's Timberlake cabin in the woods in a private, family members-only, Facebook group.
- #30Waysin30Days to SHARE A MEMORY Intro
- #30Waysin30Days to SHARE A MEMORY - JibJab
- #30Waysin30Days to SHARE A MEMORY - Perpetual Family Calendar
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY - Email is so 20th century
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY - 3-Ring Binders
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY - Tweaking that Google Calendar
We also added an Ancestor Calendar to our blog (no living people!)
- #30Waysin30Days Blog Tweak - page tabs and layout
- #30Waysin30Days - Share pics of THEIR parents
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY - Thrill Ride
- #30Waysin30Days - SHARE A MEMORY - Family Jewels
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY Reverence for Life
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY Respect for Country
- #30Waysin30Days SHARE A MEMORY Photo Jacket
- #30Waysin30Days - Do you think they'll remember?
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for exact dates of DearMYRTLE study groups and Hangouts on Air, in addition to over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters in the next 12 months.