So, you, yes YOU have been thinking about things for a week now. How's it coming along in the "SHARE A MEMORY" department? We've already had some traction on the 4th Annual SHARE A MEMORY Contest.
June Stearns Butka says "So many ideas floating through my head. time to sit back, reflect and choose one."
Lacey Frazier says "Mom, my sister, and I talk to my nephews about family members who have shared parts of their names and what their relationship was. Ex: Gabriel Leland George was named after his maternal grandparents and his maternal grandmother's father. So I tell him that even though he's still too young to understand. I show him pictures and have him point to people. We even get the dogs in on it because they're a part of our family, too!"
On October 3rd I published Please write, please share something every week after realizing many blogger listed at GeneaBloggers haven't been active for months or years in about 65% of the random choices I viewed. We got some great responses here, too:
- Lacey Frazier writes"I'm not on hiatus, but I'm not sure that I'm a capable, well-intentioned genealogy blogger!" http://www.branchesandtwigsgenealogy.com." Yes, you ARE, darling Lacey.
- True A Lewis writes "Motivation!" True, I hope the #30Waysin30Days Share a Memory project has a few ideas for you.
- Elyse Doerflinger writes "I've been so bad this year about posting." Well, dear Elyse, you have been busy in the first year of your teaching career. Your firsties understandably take up much of your time.
|IMAGE: Glen Shirley Player's University of Oregon Medical School|
Reserve Officers' Training Corp identification card, from the authors
Seriously though, your ancestors, my ancestors, deserve to have their stories told. You are the one to do it for your generation. For instance, I've got to tell the story of what happened to my father as the US Army pushed medical students through the last portion of their studies to then go active during WWII.
FOR FURTHER READING
- DearMYRTLE's #30Waysin30Days Share a Memory project we discussed throughout the month of September. Note: See the last entry, with links to all 30 episodes here.
- DearMYRTLE's Please write, please share something every week
- DearMYRTLE's 4th Annual SHARE A MEMORY Contest
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for exact dates of DearMYRTLE study groups and Hangouts on Air, in addition to over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters in the next 12 months.