My friend Teri Chaffin asked "Could Mr. Myrt make recommendations for my menfolk while I am at RootsTech? My husband is a woodworker as well and wondered what they could do for entertainment?"
You could begin by showing your husband the video that explains the lay of the land in downtown Salt Lake City, including the "free zone" for our light rail system Trax.
- Visit the Historic Temple Square.
- Tour the Church History Museum It has just reopened with a totally redesigned exhibit space.
- Have the pork roast sandwich at the Nauvoo Cafe, 15 East South Temple, Lobby Level, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, Phone: (801) 539-334.
- Listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Practice - Thurs from 7:30-9:30pm
- Take in a Jazz Game at the Vivint Smart Home Arena. There are home games on Monday Feb 1, Wed, Feb 3rd and Friday Feb 5th during Roots Tech. West of the Salt Palace.
- Visit City Creek, our newest downtown mall. Remember Kneaders has great soups and yummy desserts. This is east of the Salt Palace.
- Visit The Gateway, our other downtown mall. West of the Vivinet Smart Home Arena.
- Visit the Clark Planetarium at The Gateway.
- Take in a movie at the Megaplex Theaters at the Gateway.
Of course, Utah has the greatest snow on earth with world-class skislopes available via daily shuttle bus say to Park City. The hotels in downtown Salt Lake City can provide you with details about shuttle services. You might also check the https://www.visitparkcity.com .
Mr. Myrt's favorite woodworking store is Woodcraft of Salt Lake City. However, you'd need a car, or take Trax and schedule a taxi to pick you up. Call ahead and see if there is a class scheduled.
Address: 9891 S 500 W, Sandy, UT 84070
|Friday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Monday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy
Your friend in genealogy
Second Life: Clarise Beaumonthttp://bit.ly/DearMYRTLEonGoogle
|REGISTER NOW! www.RootsTech.org|
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the DearMYRTLE Hangouts Calendar for upcoming study groups and hangouts. There you'll find links to the GeneaConference (in-person) and the GeneaWebinars Calendar with over over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars, live streams and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters over the next 12 months.