We're off! The week's journey will take us from Utah to Florida to attend the 2016 National Genealogical Society's 2016 Family History Conference 4th-7th May. We will be gathering at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center located at 1950 Eisenhower Blvd. Attendee Registration is now open.
WHAT'S MYRT's PLAN?
Wednesday, 4 May 2016 - Opening Session (W101, 8am Opening Session)
Learn more about Florida settlers by attending this session. "Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives" with Connie L. Lester, PhD at the 2016 NGS Family History Conference
Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Ol' Myrt will set up in the Media Hub / Interview booth area. This is where I'll be spending 90% of my time. NGS is setting up the following interviews for Ol' Myrt:
- Mary Tedesco and Josh Taylor - Season 3 of Genealogy Roadshow
- Ann Staley and Amy Giroux - NGS Research in the States - Florida
- Jan Alpert - Updates on Records Preservation and Access Committee
- Kelvin Meyers - NGS Research in the States - Texas
- Ruth Ann Murray, PhD - New Genealogy programs at Excelsior College
- Ben Bennett, Findmypast - Updates from Findmypast
- Dan Horowitz, MyHeritage - Updates from MyHeritage
Wednesday, 4 May 2016 - Dinner Cruise
Thanks to our friends at MyHeritage.com, Mr. Myrt and I will join other media folks for a dinner cruise on Wednesday, 4 May 2016. Casual gatherings make for easy conversation. I look forward to
learning more about the newest feature "Book Matching" introduced earlier this month.
Wednesday, 4th-7th May 2016 - DearMYRTLE AmbushCAM Interviews
I'd like to record short 2-minute interviews with conference attendees on one of the following topics:
- Which ancestor story will you be sharing next week?
- Describe a family heirloom. Who did it belong to and how are you related to that person?
- Tell us about a recent research breakthrough. What type of original documents were you studying?
- #NGS2016gen - There's an APP for that
- #NGS2016gen Discover African American Ancestors
- #NGS2016gen Opening Session - Connie L. Lester, PhD
- #NGS2016gen Tired of the snow? Florida awaits!
- #NGS2016gen - Press and Interview Booth
- NGS 2016 Official Bloggers and Social Media Press
- REGISTER: DearMYRTLE Hangouts this week
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy
Your friend in genealogy
Second Life: Clarise Beaumonthttp://bit.ly/DearMYRTLEonGoogle
Check the DearMYRTLE Hangouts Calendar for upcoming study groups and hangouts. There you'll find links to the GeneaConference (in-person) and the GeneaWebinars Calendar with over over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars, live streams and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters over the next 12 months.