Panel participant Pat O'Donnell Kuhn has been deep diving in the National Library of Ireland Catholic church records. Thankfully, she has discovered an every-name search available to these same records at Ancestry's Ireland, Catholic Parish Registers 1655-1915. Irish researchers will appreciate the 20,000+ map collection at the National Library of Ireland.
Cousin Russ pointed us to Ancestry's Latin-English word list.
Betty Lu Burton writes "Some people are afraid to look in a foreign language, what they do not realize is a lot of time all you need to know is a few words and how to skim the records for the name and dates."
Lisa Gorrell agrees "That's true, Betty-Lu. Once the record is found by finding their names, you can always find someone to help translate the rest of it."
Randy Seaver pointed us to two items from our friends at MyHeritage.com:
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com license is about to expire. Let's hope this is renewed.Randy's take on this is posted in NewspaperARCHIVE Collection on MyHeritage May Disappear Next Tuesday
- New Innovation: Sun Charts
Randy's take on this is posted in Creating a MyHeritage "Sun Chart"
Ol' Myrt here pointed to these resources among other things:
- 1950 US Census Enumeration Maps https://unwritten-record.blogs.archives.gov/2016/06/08/snapshot-usa-1950-census-enumeration-district-maps
- 8th Grader gives graduation speech impersonating Trump, Hilary, Sanders, and Obama https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/local/watch-an-eighth-grader-impersonate-trump-clinton-sanders-and-obama-in-graduation-speech/2016/06/15/a72dbcd2-3317-11e6-ab9d-1da2b0f24f93_video.html
- this is what deeds and probate packets look like. http://loudounnow.com/2016/06/17/loudouns-hidden-treasure-no-more/
- Angela McGhie, CG reports on Elizbeth Shown Mills' 10 point education plan http://genealogyeducation.blogspot.com/2012/06/elizabeth-shown-mills-ten-point-study.html
- Shannon Combs Bennett - to work part-time as one of two genealogists at Colonial Dames of the 17th Century http://www.facebook.com/shancbenn/posts/10206289376692670
GOOD MANNERS PREVAIL
Just a reminder: "We've noticed that one or two folks are using this hangout chat platform as a method for distributing info on their own agenda, totally off topic for the hangout at hand. We ask that such individuals refrain from self-promotion and consider using their own blogs and hangout accounts for such activities. Individuals who do not honor this request will be removed from the community as with our Facebook Group and Google+ Community policies. Thank-you."
Sure you *could* watch the video of this Mondays with Myrt session here or on DearMYRTLE's YouTube Channel, but you'll want to log in to view and comment at:
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy
Your friend in genealogy
Second Life: Clarise Beaumonthttp://bit.ly/DearMYRTLEonGoogle
Check the DearMYRTLE Hangouts Calendar for upcoming study groups and hangouts. There you'll find links to the GeneaConference (in-person) and the GeneaWebinars Calendar with over over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars, live streams and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters over the next 12 months.