DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ recognize the United Nations' International Decade for People of African Descent 2015-2024. We reach out to all regardless of race, color, creed or national origin with support for researching family and documenting cultural inheritance.
|IMAGE: Collage by DearMYRTLE, UN International Decade for People of African Descent 2015-2024.|
Cousin Russ reminds us that although you can VIEW and COMMENT using Facebook, LinkedIn, Google or Twitter, "You must have a Google+ account to appear as a panel participant. It is best if you have a Camera and Headset so that we can see and chat with you. If you want to be a Participant and JOIN the Panel. Please let me know NOW. You will receive a message that you will have to ACCEPT. Don't forget to Mute your mic when you enter."ttp://
- Barbara Zabitz writes "Thank you for the welcome...I have been watching archived sessions!!"
- Maria Halmfors writes "I want to inform you that August 20-21 Genealogy Days 2016 in Umeå, Sweden Exhibitors and speakers from Sweden, Finland, Norway and USA." See: http://www.sfd2016.se/in-english
- LIV Christensen mentions "I am attending from the suburbs of Oslo, Norway. On the 20th of August I am going to Umeå and "genealogy days" there which Maria had a post about. I am looking much forward to it."
- We spotlighted a blog post by Erica Voolich about an ancestor widowed in her mid-50s who lived to be 92. City directories play a part in the story. A Family Story, a Bit of Investigation and "The Rest of the Story"
- Genealogical Publishing Company - http://genealogical.com
- Elizabeth Shown Mills' Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace. We recommend studying the first two chapters as an annual four-session course within your genealogy societies. See Ol' Myrt's review here.
- City Directories - Cousin Russ mentions taking the address of a business and place it on a contemporary map.
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Events: http://newyorkfamilyhistory.org/nygbs-events
- British Institute 10-14 Oct 2016: http://isbgfh.org/cpage.php?pt=56
Sure you *could* watch the video of the Mondays with Myrt hangout session here or on DearMYRTLE's YouTube Channel, but you'll want to log in to view and comment at:
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy
Your friend in genealogy
Second Life: Clarise Beaumonthttp://bit.ly/DearMYRTLEonGoogle
Check the DearMYRTLE Hangouts Calendar for upcoming study groups and hangouts. There you'll find links to the GeneaConference (in-person) and the GeneaWebinars Calendar with over over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars, live streams and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters over the next 12 months.