Here's where you'll find the growing list of the 2011 monthly DearMYRTLE Organization Checklists.
Who cares if the yard becomes overgrown, the laundry must be sent out, and we spend a little more time eating simple meals like soup and crackers? WE ARE GOING TO GET ORGANIZED!!!
2011 January Organization Checklist
- Set up your Dropbox account so your data is backed up automatically when Dropbox synchronizes folders.
- Create folders on your hard drive to place scanned images of documents.
- Participate in the first of monthly "Scanfests" hosted by Miriam Robbins Midkiff. (That will make 3 hours of active scanning of photos and related documents!)
- I am taking Scrappy Genealogist up on her suggestion that we fess up and show the BEFORE view of our computer desks. See her January  Organization Photo Challenge.
2011 March Organization Checklist
- No man is an island -- neither are genealogists. Please take my advice about joining with other genealogists - through local genealogy societies, GeneaWebinars (some 20 live webinars scheduled this month), GeneaBloggers BlogTalk Radio (live on Friday nights, and archived versions available 24/7) and the Second Life virtual meetings including a monthly APG Chapter meeting.
- OK, this one had a April Fools Day joke, but there was a GREAT twist. Here's the The REAL checklist and Myrt's Kindle offer. Good luck! :)
- Be sure to send me a quick note via Facebook or as a comment to this blog post, to report on your progress at FINALLY GETTING ORGANIZED this year!
Your friend in genealogy.