Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Decorative pins for Antimascassars & Chesterfields

From: Susan Porter
I belong to an antique button collectors society and on-line chat group. We're having a discussion about doilies and antimacassars and I know there were a certain type of pin used to hold these items to the furniture they protected, but I can't think of the name for them. Most had a decorative head and a cork screw pin. Thanks in advance.

We need your input on this one. I believe we can purchase these now, to hold the arm-rests in place that come with our new sofas. Remember when we used to call sofas:
-- davenports
-- chesterfields

Do you know if these terms were more locality-specific? I grew up in Seattle, Washington in the 1950s.

Happy family tree climbing!
Myrt :)
6023 26th Street West PMB 352
Bradenton, FL 34207

No comments:

Post a Comment