ACROSS MY DESK: AniMap Training CD
NOTE: The following was received from Geoff Rasmussen. Please address all inquiries to him at:email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AniMap video training now available on CD. Includes written step-by-step instructions on using AniMap.
El Mirage, AZ - October 25, 2005 - Users of AniMap will benefit from a new training video CD entitled Plucking, Plotting, and Places: a Video Tutorial of AniMap. The tutorials teach the ins and outs of AniMap and include written step-by-step instructions.
Developed by GenealogyDaily.com, the instruction helps overcome AniMap's learning curve and teaches genealogy methodology at the same time.
"AniMap has long been known to be the best resource for understanding the changing country boundaries in the U.S. and parts of Canada," says GenealogyDaily.com President, Geoff Rasmussen. "Learning how to use it has been the researcher's challenge. The video plays on the computer, so it's easy to switch between it and AniMap to learn."
Key Video Features:
- Why AniMap?
- Learn how to select the maps for the year and state
- Learn to plot the town/city on the map and change the map to the right year
- Learn to measure the distance between two places
- Perform radius searches - locate towns/cities, churches, or cemeteries within a certain distance
- Create migration maps
- Add overlays of rivers/streams, townships/ranges, railroads
- Includes written step-by-step instructions that can be printed for easy reference
Speakers, Windows 98 or higher, CD-ROM drive, Adobe Reader (free from adobe.com)
GenealogyDaily.com, based in El Mirage, Arizona, is the producer of the Genealogy Daily Calendar - tips and tricks for every day of the year and "quite simply the neatest genealogy learning tool to come down the pike." - DearMYRTLE.
CONTACT: Geoff Rasmussen