In my previous blog entry, about www.FamilyHistoryLiveOnline.com folks were advised to use a specific code “get into” the event. I was first aware the code didn’t work when Rene emailed me.
Thanks to Gerhard Ruf (by way of Rene Zamora) figured it out by using a previous code.
I will amend my previous blog entry, but want this code to become available via the usual and customary channels.
If you plan to attend the Family History Fair on July 28, you must first download content or you will not be able to log in.
Open the ReGL viewer (if you have not yet installed the viewer, goto http://www.stillmangeorge.com/sgregl.exe and follow the instructions)
- Click on the “UPDATE REGL” button
- Click on the “UPDATE CONTENT” button
- Type in the field : fhlo.gen1 then click next This is the content code.
- Click on “Install”, this will install the content.
Now to get into the fair itself:
- Open the RegL Viewer.
- Click on the “CLICK TO LOG ON” button
- Click the “JOIN A SESSION” button
- Type in your name
- Enter the session code: fhlo.fair
This is the log on code.
- Click the “LOG IN” button
Just now they are on a break, and there is no “music while on hold” so you will come into a seemingly quiet empty room. Remember the schedule of speakers is as follows:
- 8:00 AM Welcome - Moderator, Gena Philibert Ortega8:10 AM Jonathan Walker: "Using Catholic Records"
- 8:45 AM Generation Maps
- 9:00 AM Gena Philibert Ortega: "Needle in the Haystack: Finding Female Ancestors"
- 9:45 AM BREAK
- 10:00 AM Peter Barrie: "A Transatlantic Case Study"
- 10:45 AM BREAK
- 11:00 AM Barry Ewell: "Effectively Tapping into Local, County, and Historical Societies"
- 12:00 PM Discussion and break for lunch1:00 PMWelcome - Moderator, Gena Philibert Ortega
- 1:05 PM Barry Ewell: "Effective Strategies for Researching Newspapers"
- 2:00 PM Closing - Moderator, Gena Philibert Ortega
- 2:05 PM Genealogy Jam