NOTE from DearMYRTLE: Thanks to Craig Scott, MA, CG for forwarding this information about a new Family Chronicle publication. Please address all inquiries to email@example.com.
"Family Chronicle, in conjunction with our sister publications Internet Genealogy and Discovering Family History, is looking for old military uniform photographs of your ancestors for a tentative book (similar to our bestselling Dating Old Photographs series).
If you have photos you would like to submit, and they were taken between the Mexican-American War and the end of World War One, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not send images from World War Two.
- Please note: The picture doesn't have to depict an American soldier.
- Please note: Include as much pertinent data as possible: subject’s name, regiment, unit, conflict, etc.
- We are unable to date/identify unknown subjects and these will not be used.
We will credit all photos used and send two copies of the publication to each person whose photos we use.
- Do not send images where the date, conflict, regiment or army has to be guessed or is unknown.
- Please do not send us original photos, as they will not be returned.
- Copies made on a color photocopier are okay.
- If you have access to a scanner, you can send us a CD/disk (PC format) or attach an image file (JPEG, 200 dpi or higher, no more than three attachments) via e-mail (preferred).
- More than one e-mail is acceptable.
Please include complete name and address of sender with e-mail or mail-in submissions. E-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternately, mail photos to:
PO Box 194
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
505 Consumers Road
Toronto, ON M2J 4V8
We regret that we cannot accept original photos as these will not be returned."