NOTE from DearMYRTLE: The following was just received from Gordon Clarke at FamilySearch.org. Please address all inquiries to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to announce the launch of the 2008 FamilySearch Software Awards. The purpose is to publicly and formally celebrate the software achievements of those developers and companies that are making important contributions to the Family History and Genealogy Industry.
The awards banquet will be held in conjunction with the 2009 FamilySearch Developers Conference, March 12, 2009.
In addition to the recognition at the conference, winners will be prominently displayed on www.FamilySearch.org and a formal press release will be generated. There will be both Best Product Awards judged by an industry panel and Developer Choice Awards which will be nominated by and voted on by registered members of the FamilySearch Developer Network.
Details on how to apply or nominate will be posted in the next 30 days.
Judging on Product Awards and Voting on Developer Choice Awards will be in the month of February 2009.
• Apply as an organization, group, or individual developer
• Registered member of FamilySearch Developer Network
• Product/Feature consumes FamilySearch API
• Applications for Product Awards must be receive by January 15, 2009.
• Nominations for Developer Choice awards must be received by January 15, 2009
BEST PRODUCTS AWARDS (7):
• Best Desktop Product of the Year
• Best Web Application of the Year
• Best Feature of the Year
• Best Productivity Feature ( workflow assistance such as notifications, tasks management, research guidance)
• Best use of Rich Media (stories, photos, audio, and/or video)
• Best Tree-Cleaning application (matching and combining)
• Best Syncing Interface (search, link, and update person and assertions)
DEVELOPERS CHOICE AWARDS (3):
• Best API Library (Doc.,Training, Sample Code, etc)
• Most Useful to Developers
• Greatest future impact on the Industry