NOTE from DearMYRTLE: The Institute for Genealogy and History Research at Samford provides a scholarly, in-depth week of studies. Please share this information with your favorite genealogy librarian.
Applications for the Jean Thomason Scholarship for IGHR are due by December 1, 2009 and will be reviewed by a Samford University Library committee. The winner will be announced in January.
Please include the following in your application:
* The name of the Library where you are employed
* The length of time you have worked in a library
* The average number of hours (monthly) spent working with patrons
* The name of the course you plan to attend
* In 500 words or less (1 printed page), a description of how participation in this course will benefit your patrons
* A letter of support from a supervisor or colleague
Please send your application to:
Samford University Library
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
For more information or to submit your application via email, visit the IGHR website at http://www4.samford.edu/schools/ighr/IGHR_scholarship.html.