ourFamily•ology Announces Access to FamilySearch Records
Subscribers can now add sources from FamilySearch, the world’s largest repository
of genealogical resources, to their family genealogy website
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRWEB (Press Release) – April 28, 2010 – FRANKLIN LAKES, NJ - ourFamily•ology announced today its certified affiliation with FamilySearch, the world’s largest repository of genealogical resources. This affiliation will provide access to millions of genealogical records that are invaluable to genealogists as they perform their ancestry research to build their family tree.
OurFamily•ology is a web-based family genealogy software program that is now a certified FamilySearch affiliate. “This affiliation will allow subscriber’s to conveniently search, access, and add genealogical records from FamilySearch into a subscribers website through ourFamily•ology. We are excited to offer this feature to help our members build well documented family trees. We look forward to developing more features with FamilySearch,” said Brandy Sacco, Founder and President.
“Both new and experienced genealogist alike will find this website easy to use and an extremely useful tool for source research and documentation,” said Gordon Clarke, FamilySearch Developer Network Manager.
ourFamily•ology is the only family tree builder that offers a simple, visual progress and accuracy rating guide. For the first time, genealogists will easily gain a sense of ‘the big picture’ of where they are and what they should work on next within their family tree. It also includes an optionally ever-present status chart, with a color-coded reliability and progress indicator to gauge the completeness of your family tree as well as provide a clear roadmap of what you should work on next – all at a single glance.
OurFamily•ology Web-based Features Include:
· Subscription includes two websites, one for Entering information and another for visitors to view your family tree
· Build your family tree on your own or collaboratively with family members
· Invite visitors to view your family tree with required passwords
· Set which fields for living people are viewable for visitors
· Update genealogical details for the same person in multiple files with one click
· Easily attach sources, photos, notes, etc. to multiple family members
· Receive warnings and reports for probable data issues
· Track changes with transaction reports
· Options to add multiple parents; marriage and child parent relationships
· Add your own custom events and LDS Ordinances
· Track the accuracy and completion of your family tree with a unique color-coded Progress Rating Chart that is setup by the user based on what facts they want to track
· Search, access, and add genealogical records from FamilySearch
Visit ourFamilyology at the National Genealogical Family History Conference in Utah, held at the Salt Palace Convention Center April 28th – May 1st. We can be found at booth 827 in the GenTech Hall.
The Genealogical Society of Utah (GSU)—doing business as FamilySearch—is a nonprofit organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. FamilySearch maintains the world's largest repository of genealogical resources; these resources may be accessed through FamilySearch.org, the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, and over 4,500 family history centers in 70 countries.
ourFamily•ology is a security conscious, Web-based provider of genealogy tools to help you build and organize a precise family history and a reliable family tree that can be shared with family and friends. For more