Worried about privacy, but intrigued that Facebook has eclipsed Google's popularity? With over 500 million active users, you probably cannot ignore this valuable resource anymore. Join Ol' Myrt this coming Wednesday to find out more about Facebook and how it might benefit your family dynamics, family history research and local genealogy society.
Facebook has replaced Google as the busiest site on the web. Analysts say blogging is dead, in favor of Twitter and Facebook, at least for the younger set. Want to connect with family and friends using Facebook, but concerned about security issues? Myrt walks through Facebook settings, demonstrates FB groups and FB pages, wall postings, adding links, uploading photos, chat, instant messages and private messages.
18 May 2011
2:00 PM Eastern (U.S.)
1:00 PM Central
12:00 PM Mountain
11:00 AM Pacific7:00 PM GMT
Register for this webinar now:
Space limited to the first 100 who click to attend on the 18th.
MORE ABOUT FACEBOOK
- More than 500 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
- More than 70 translations available on the site
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
MORE ABOUT THE WEBINAR FORMAT
What's a DearMYRTLE Workshop Webinar© ? Real-time demos, very few PowerPoint screens. Small groups – no more than 100 attendees. Sound interesting?
- After registering participants receive a confirmation email containing information about logging in to the webinar. Only the first 100 who click to enter are accepted.
- Then 1 week, 1 day and 1 hour before the scheduled webinar, you'll receive a reminder email.
- To join (log in to) the webinar, attendees click on the link in their confirmation or reminder emails.
- Attendees' high-speed internet access will quickly download the Citrix GoToMeeting software interface for the DearMYRTLE Workshop Webinar©. Each webinar has a unique ID.
- There is no cost to attend the webinar.
- Handouts may be available for a nominal fee from my lulu.com account, but due to the live nature of the demo, they are not usually planned.
- Archived versions of a DearMYRTLE Workshop Webinar© may be available in a new members' only portion of DearMYRTLE.com. Details to follow.
- Occasionally, an archived version of a DearMYRTLE Workshop Webinar© may be available for open viewing at DearMYRTLE.com
- System Requirements
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer