DearREADERS,After "showing off" a few tantalizing finds of the sort any genealogist would be proud, Myrt demos creating a GEDCOM file using RootsMagic and guest presenter Russ Worthington demos the same process using Family Tree Maker.
The webinar shows how quickly each upload puts the Ancestry.com computers to work looking for ancestors in context. Results show up within a few seconds of the receipt of a new family tree. Learn about the difference between the "shaking leaf" and the "magnifying glass" search options. Learn how to accept or ignore Ancestry's suggestions. This is a great deal more effective than those old-fashioned surname message boards. We're finding documents that mention our ancestors! Our discussion includes privacy levels and "how cousins connect" using several collaboration levels of access.
WHAT FOLKS ARE SAYING
- Fran: "I really enjoyed this session on Ancestry Trees – I’ve been using Ancestry for a number of years and you still managed to show me a couple of tricks that I hadn’t mastered. I’ve become a great believer in posting trees online – it’s helped me find new sources and all sorts of cousins. Thanks for an informative session."
- Tessa: "Thanks so much for the webinar - it was great - I commented on it at my blog The Keough Corner."
- Sue: "I thoroughly enjoyed your webinar. As I said in my closing post, I learned more from that session than I have learned in in using Ancestry Trees for more than 2 years. I have already tried the deeper search to great advantage."
- Mary Ann: "I attended your webinar today on Ancestry Trees. Congratulations on a job well done!"
- Janice: "Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed today's webinar. I learned several things today, even though I have been on Ancestry almost since the beginning. I found you years ago and subscribed to your email list while it was still active. I wish your next webinar (on Facebook) wasn't scheduled opposite Thomas MacEntee's webinar on Google Docs; I don't understand either of them. What to do, what to do.... Too many webinars, too little time ;) "
- Jay: "Thanks for putting on the webinar - I learned a lot about Ancestry Trees."
|Available for immediate download through Lulu.com.|
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.