Thursday night through Saturday Mr. Myrt and I will be attending sessions of the Fairfax Genealogical Society's annual spring conference. This year's theme is "Find your National Treasure in the Nation's Capital." Saturday Ol' Myrt here will give several presentations including:
- S21 Seven Habits of Highly Successful Genealogist. Saturday 9-10am.
- S22 Integrating Genealogy Software with Online Discoveries. Saturday 10:45-11:45am. I'm team teaching this with my cousin Russ Worthington.
- S25 Clothes Line Approach to Documentation and Analysis. Saturday 1:45-2:45pm.
- S26 Finally Get Organized. Saturday 3:15-4:15pm
There are 29 vendors and about 300 registered attendees not including presenters. Though you can pick and choose which individual class sessions you'd like to attend, these are the tracks:
- African American Research (Char Bah)
- Seeking Virginia Ancestors ( Barbara Vines Little, CG, FNGS, FVGS)
- Effective Organizational Methods (DearMYRTLE)
- Anytime’s a Good Time to Get Started (Phyllis M. Jule Legare)
- Introduction to European Research (Claire Bettag, CG, CGL and Richard Camaur, CG)
- Advanced Critical Thinking Techniques (Thomas Jones, CG)
- Re-examining What You Already Have … (Charles S. “Chuck” Mason, CG)
- Find Your National Treasure in the Nation’s Capital [NARA, DAR & Library of Congress Record Group Analysis, two-days] (Pam Sayre, CG Rick Sayre, CG)
Find out more about the presenters by visiting:
There's still time to register online!
11787 Lee Jackson HighwayFairfax, Virginia 22033
Hope to see you there.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.