Ol' Myrt flaked out and had her distant cousin Fräulein Schmidt appear in her stead to discuss the Blogger.com platform for "getting the word out" about your ancestors, your society or organization. Here's the first of two Hangouts on Air, archived at DearMYRTLE's YouTube Channel.
- Demonstrate 3-step (+1) process for setting up a blog
- Creating your first post
- Image is everything, man!
- Time is of the essence.
- The National Archives (UK) blog: http://blog.nationalarchives.gov.uk
- FamilySearch’s Blog: https://familysearch.org/blog/en
- Cousin Russ’ Family Tree Maker User blog: http://ftmuser.blogspot.com/
- Randy Seaver’s Genea-Musings blog: http://www.geneamusings.com
- Hilary’s The Edge of Snowdonia
- Federation of Genealogical Society’s blog: http://voice.fgs.org
Blogging for Beginners webinar hosted by our friends at Legacy Family Tree and FamilyTreeWebinars.com. You’ll find the direct link to the archived webinar once it is available at: http://familytreewebinars.com/presenter_details.php?presenter_id=35
www.GeneaBloggers.com has a massive collection of resources that will help you learn more about the craft of blogging, including daily blog prompts and how to further modify your blog to suit your needs.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont