There's a new kid on the block when it comes to in-person genealogy institutes, namely the Carl Sandburg Institute of Genealogy. The course coordinators and instructors, however are not newbies. In fact, they are some of the most recognizable in the world on professional genealogy. From CSIG Director Michael John Neill:
"We are proud and excited to announce the dates and course coordinators for the first Carl Sandburg Institute of Genealogy (CSIG). This event will be held in Galesburg, Illinois, in 28 May-1 June 2015 on the campus of Carl Sandburg College."
Course coordinators are:
● Cyndi Ingle of Cyndis List
● Michael John Neill of Genealogy Tip of the Day
● Debbie Mieszala, CGSM
● Teresa McMillin, CGSM.
4.5 days of lecture tracks will be offered on the following topics:
● Refining Internet and Digital Skills for Genealogy
● Advanced Methodology and Analysis
● The Advancing Genealogist: Research Standards, Tools, and Records
● Germanic Research Sources and Methods
Additional information is on the CSIG website http://www.sandburggenealogy.com
See also the CSIG Facebook page:
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont