Ol' Myrt here lives in Salt Lake City, so why have I registered for the Virtual PMC to be held 6-7 January 2015? First, the Professional Management Conference has a GREAT lineup of content as you can see from this latest announcement direct from the Association of Professional Genealogists.
Don't Miss Virtual PMC - Registration Ends in 4 DaysVirtual PMC registration ends in four days -- on Tuesday, 6 January 2015. Register now at https://virtualpmc2015.eventbrite.com.
CREATE YOUR OWN VIRTUAL-PMC BUNDLE
Virtual PMC 2015 offers 9 PMC sessions streamed live to computers and mobile devices. And for the first time, you can pick and choose the classes you want to watch:
- $20 -- Individual sessions (or $30 for the 2-hour DNA workshop)
- $45 -- DNA bundle (includes the 2 DNA-focused sessions)
- $70 -- Thursday only (4 sessions)
- $95 -- Friday only (5 sessions, including the 2-hour DNA workshop)
- $145 -- Full Virtual PMC (9 sessions, includes digital version of the PMC syllabus)
View more bundle details and register for PMC at https://virtualpmc2015.eventbrite.com.
All registrations include live streaming of and 3-months' online access to recordings of purchased sessions. All Virtual PMC attendees are automatically entered to win a 1-year Ancestry World Deluxe subscription.
VIRTUAL-PMC LINE UP:
Thursday, 8 January 2015
- "Taxes and the Professional Genealogist," James M. Beidler
- "Finding the Law," Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- "Mind Maps for Genealogy," Ron Arons, MBA
- "DNA and Genealogical Proof," Angie Bush, MS
Friday, 9 January 2015
- "Get Paid for Your Passion: Setting Fees," Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
- "Finding Your Niche: Matching Passion, Professionalism & Pecuniary Interest," James M. Beidler
- "How to Have Difficult Conversations with Clients and Colleagues," Christina Grover
- "Time Management: Successfully Balancing the Demands of Our Many 'Clients,'" Angela Packer McGhie
- "Genealogy Professionals Needed: Help Adoptees Discover Their Genealogical Roots with DNA" (2-hour workshop), CeCe Moore
Visit www.apgen.org/conferences/classes.html for class descriptions and speaker bios.
Don't miss out! Register now for Virtual PMC 2015 at https://virtualpmc2015.eventbrite.com. Registration ends Tuesday, 6 January 2015.
Well, I want to attend every session, but I need to conserve my energy for Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy. This Ol' gal can only do so much, without resorting to sitting in that danged wheelchair. Thankfully, we can now attend the PMC virtually, from the comfort of our own homes. Isn't technology wonderful?
Better living (and learning) through technology!
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont