The RootsTech planning committee is calling for dynamic presentations for the RootsTech and Innovator Summit 2016 events that will be held February 3–6, 2016. The purpose of these presentations is to inform, instruct, and inspire attendees to discover, preserve, and share their family history through technology.
If you have a desire to help define, shape, and influence the family history industry with an innovative and interesting presentation idea, we invite you to download and review the RootsTech and Innovator Summit Call for Presentation guidelines by clicking HERE.
Presentation submissions are now being accepted through June 30, 2015. To submit your presentation proposal, visit the Call for Presentations page on RootsTech.org.
Presentation CategoriesWe are seeking presentation proposals for RootsTech and Innovator Summit 2016 events in the following categories:
- Finding and Organizing: Search strategies, resources, specialized tools and technologies, data mining, information recall, record sourcing, military and time-period research, record types
- Research and Methodology: Land records and surveys, DNA and genetic science, migration patterns, geographical research, ethnic and cultural studies, surname research, beyond basic skills and resources
- Preserving Your Work and Legacy: Family trees, digital migration, audio and video solutions, metadata, artifact preservation, digital file formats, legalities and research ownership
- Family Traditions and Lifestyle: Cultural arts, food, influential historical events, social customs, pastimes
- Sharing: Social media, tools for collaboration, wikis, crowdsourcing, community building, blogs
- Stories and Photos: Storytelling and oral histories, interviewing tools and technologies, preserving stories, photography, photo restoration, movies and presentations, photo editing, facial recognition tools
- Developer: Standards and APIs; mobile app development; social applications; record imaging and visualizations; apps for youth; tools that enable family history and adjacent industries such as DNA, publishing, photography, data organization, and so on
- Business: Funding and investment, start-up success stories and tips, opportunities and market trends, networking and partnerships, entrepreneurship
Do you know a great presenter?Do you know someone who would be a great presenter for RootsTech or Innovator Summit 2016? If so, we invite you to share this email with him or her.
If you have questions regarding the submission process or speaking at RootsTech 2016, please contact us at email@example.com.