Friday we will host the first session of the What does SHE Say? Study Group. Submitting homework prior to each session provides a positive paradigm shift as previous panelists affirm. (Great alliteration, don't you think?) Ol' Myrt here will post Chapter 1 homework questions shortly.
- Study Group participants will follow copyright guidelines expressed in this short-subject video conversation with a “genealogist with a law degree” The Legal Genealogist Judy G. Russell, JD, CGSM , CGLSM . Though the focus was another course manual, the concepts apply across the board.
- Homework and chapter review will be done prior to each study group session.
- Homework heading will include the following elements:
- Participant’s name
- Evidence Explained citation
- Post a link to homework published in blog or Google doc format as a comment to the next study group session hangout post at http://bit.ly/MyrtsNext
STUDY GROUP ESSENTIALS
Elizabeth Shown Mills, Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace, 3rd edition (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2015). [Book available from the publisher at http://www.genealogical.com and in digital format from the author's website http://www.EvidenceExplained.com]
Fridays as follows:
14 Aug 2015 - EE - Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Evidence Analysis
21 Aug 2015 - EE - Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Evidence Analysis (continued)
28 Aug 2015 - EE - Chapter 2 Fundamentals of Citation
4 Sept 2015 - EE - Chapter 2 Fundamentals of Citation (continued)
Noon Eastern US (New York)
11am Central US (Chicago)
10am Mountain US (Denver, Salt Lake City)
9am Pacific US (Los Angeles)
If you need a time zone converter, here's one DearMYRTLE recommends:
This is where all may VIEW and post COMMENTS about each session. The post for each session will appear within the week prior to individual scheduled sessions here:http://bit.ly/MyrtsNext
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for exact dates of DearMYRTLE study groups and Hangouts on Air, in addition to over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters in the next 12 months.