So +Cousin Russ challenged me to explain how to schedule and promote a hangout in ten minutes or less. And I did it with 2 minutes and 15 seconds to spare. Please disregard my raspberry blooper at the beginning. That's precisely why I have Cousin Russ there to help me out of sticky situations.
RECAP of Ol' Myrt's procedure:
1. YouTube: Create the Hangout (YouTube, Creator Studio, Live Streaming, Events not "stream now", +new live event.)
2. YouTube: Fill in the blank for creating the hangout event title, date, time. Copy/paste title/date to the G+ and Twitter feed space on the set up page.
3. YouTube: Click Blue Create Event button.
4. YouTube: Capture link from the list of scheduled hangouts.
5. G+ Community: Paste the link into a new post in my Google+ Community, where the video is then automatically embedded. Add splashy text including title, date, time before clicking to post in what Ol' Myrt calls "Myrt's Next Hangout.
6. G+ Community: Under the Event option, scroll down to previous event. Under details, select "duplicate" then update the date, verify time. Add send to "Public" and "DearMYRTLE Community" then click create. This sets up individual calendar reminders as people respond with "yes" or "maybe."
7. G+ Community: Copy to clipboard, date, time.
8. Facebook Group: Upload promo graphic. I make mine in PowerPoint.
9. Facebook Group: Click post, then pin the post to the top of the Group.
Happy family tree climbing!
Your friend in genealogy.
G+ DearMYRTLE Community
Second Life: Clarise Beaumont
Hangouts: Pay what you want. So it's simple. If you value the work Ol' Myrt, +Cousin Russ and our beloved panelists do week in and week out on your behalf, please:
Check the GeneaWebinars Calendar for exact dates of DearMYRTLE study groups and Hangouts on Air, in addition to over 200 hours of online genealogy classes, webinars and tweetchats from other hosts and presenters in the next 12 months.