UPDATED April 2021https://blog.dearmyrtle.com/2020/04/quick-and-dirty-registration-for.html
Cousin Russ and I are happy to present a spiffy new set of DearMYRTLE Webinars and DearMYRTLE Meetings for 2021. This post includes detailed instructions.
- Best practices when attending any online event.
- Links to helpful Zoom and DearMYRTLE recordings
- Registration links for DearMYRTLE's 2020 Webinars and Meetings.
- Sign up for a free Zoom Account and download the app for your device here.
- Under Settings, add your profile picture. See How to use Zoom's Desktop App.
- When you register for a webinar or meeting, add it to your calendar.
- Be sure your headset/mic are plugged in, then reboot your computer 15 minutes before attending any online event.
- Turn off memory-resident programs like Dropbox, MS Outlook, and Backblaze as these take up extra bandwidth.
- Ask other members of the household to refrain from accessing the internet. Turn off smart TVs, and other unused devices that may compromise bandwidth. This includes online games, streaming video and music.
- Keep your operating system, web browser and Zoom app up-to-date.
- You, Too, Can Zoom! (14 minutes) with DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ
- Zoom System Requirements of iOS, iPadOS, and Android
- Zoom System Requirements for PC, Mac and Linux
- Zoom Join a Meeting (1:10)
- Zoom Virtual Backgrounds (3:33)