It is a red letter day over at DearMYRTLE. We announced something marvelous during today's Mondays with Myrt Zoom Webinar. We are adding live closed captioning to our webinars.
As our regulars know, DearMYRTLE webinars are all about conversation.
- We have a cadre of opinionated panelists from throughout the world.
- Cousin Russ spotlights attendees’ comments.
- We focus on diversity and inclusion, excited to learn new things together.
- We don’t have lectures per se, but we enjoy informative conversation.
Yup! “Myrt’s got CC!”
By Wednesday, each panelist will be set up to participate, so that our Zoom API can tell our 3rd party service to automatically transcribe his voice to text during our live meetings. All attendees may view the CC - closed captions, as well as the transcript.
Finally, our Deaf associates can share in the learning, share in the teaching, and revel in the camaraderie like never before. How cool is that?
Here's what it will look like:
|IMAGE: Our Zoom Webinar participants may click the CC button|
and the text will show up as shown in the screen shot above.
Watch the first few minutes of today's Mondays with Myrt for the explanation of how this new CC option will work.
You will note that the CC worked today for only what Cousin Russ and DearMYRTLE said, because we have not yet activated this option with our other panelists. By this week's WACKY Wednesday, all panelists will be part of the CC.
- MONDAYS WITH MYRT NEW! 2020 Registration link (CC) https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-XHFjdHrTwGW4aejM7pCww
- WACKY Wednesday NEW! 2020 Registration Link (CC) https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_c1I5_Qc6QMSFV1axgWcSyw
- MINI-MYRT MEETINGS NEW! 2020 Mini-Myrt Meeting Registration (no CC)
- THE ARCHIVE LADY NEW! 2020 Registration Link (CC)
Your friend in genealogy